Friday, July 8, 2011

Rhodes? Where we’re going we don’t need...roads.

After one hell of an overnight ferry ride, where the boat was an hour late and didn’t roll in till about 11 in the morning, I’ve had a groggy but enjoyable afternoon in Rhodes.

I’m staying in the labyrinthine and gorgeous Old Town; it’s the kind of place you want to get lost in on purpose.



My last day in Santorini was also filled with highlights, as I took a tour to the volcano and hot springs in the middle of the island. Naturally this provided some impressive scenery.




Then one last dinner in Fira: the Santorini variation on the Greek salad includes a milder feta, capers and sun dried tomatoes.


I also tried the moussaka, which was excellent. It’s basically like a lasagne, except with eggplant instead of pasta. Now, normally I hate eggplant, but the local white aubergines used in the moussaka are actually really nice.


With the Cyclades now behind me, it’s time to close out the trip amongst the Dodecanese islands. The tentative plan is still to go to Patmos after my three nights here, but nothing is booked as of yet, so that could still change.

It’s my last weekend in Greece...can’t believe it’s already almost over.

No comments: