Monday, July 4, 2011

For relaxing times...make it Santorini time.




Two days of taking it easy on Perissa Beach, aka the black beach.

Well, mostly taking it easy...I did climb a mountain today, no big deal.


The ruins are Ancient Thira, which is super confusing, because the island of Santorini is also sometimes called Thira, and the main city, Fira, is ALSO sometimes called Thira. I guess they just really like that name.

Tomorrow I go to Fira to stay for two nights, and I’m glad, because as nice as Perissa is (and as refreshing as the hostel pool was this afternoon), I couldn’t have stayed here for four nights; it’s just way too slow.

Between Fira and Oia there will be plenty of caldera and sunset related photo ops, so naturally I’m really looking forward to that.

Hope all is well!

No comments: